Meet Thea Devine

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hi everyone. I'm Thea Devine, (it really is my real name), and I'm particularly known for writing steamy historical and contemporary romance for the last twenty-three years. My latest, just out, is SEX, LIES & SECRET LIVES, in which Justine and her twin Jillian have carved vastly different lives from the remnants of their abusive childhood. So when Jillian uses an old code to signify she's in trouble, Justine is shocked to discover Jill has been leading a secret sex-driven, high flying life, and she must decide how far she will walk in Jillian's stilettos and whether she's willing to pretend to become Jillian in the process. But as she navigates Jilly's world of carnal extravagance and sexual excess, she discovers that she's playing a most dangerous game. And when she becomes entangled with a ruthless adversary who could be her best ally or her worst enemy, she finds she must play that game to absolute perfection if she and her sister are ultimately to survive.


I'm delighted to be part of the Booksigning in the Vineyard, particularly since my husband was an English teacher in both the NYC school system and private school for past forty plus years and we can't envision a life without a book in our hands. My to-be-read pile fills a bookcase and a side table in the living room. We really believe books furnish a room. (Only my husband doesn't think they're particularly decorative when piled waist high on the living room hearth -- I wonder why?)

We live in Connecticut with two cats, and a mini-daschund named Midgie (whom I call Munch for reasons that are obscure even to me). About a year after we moved here, the Friends of the Library asked if I'd like to be the recording secretary. I thought, hmmm -- words, books, library, author, community service -- it seemed a good fit to volunteer with an organization that helps fund reading programs in my town, and I'm looking forward as well to contributing to Literacy Suffolk when I meet you all at the signing in May.

0 comments:

 
Vineyard Signing For Literacy - by Templates para novo blogger