Meet Bertrice Small

Friday, April 30, 2010




Kathryn Falk (L) and Bertrice Small (R) at
Horton Point Light in Southold

Why do I do signings for literacy? Reading is magic. It's the key to the door of knowledge. When you can read you can go anywhere, do anything, be anyone.

Reading unlocks a world of possibilities for us. Ignorance breeds all kinds of evils. I don't want anyone living in the darkness that illiteracy is. Not when I can help in any small way. Learn to read, and let your light shine forth!

I'll have the following books (and maybe more) available for purchase on May 8th from 12-3 pm at Pindar Vineyard:



THE BORDER LORD AND THE LADY
 

Lady Cicely Bowen, daughter of the Earl of Leighton, is sent away by her father when her jealous stepmother threatens her safety. Soon the exiled Cicely becomes best friends with Lady Joan Beaufort, the king's cousin--and when Joan is married to King James I of Scotland she chooses Cicely as one of the ladies accompany her north...


At the Scot's court Cicely finds herself pursued by two men--elegant Andrew Gordon, the laird of Fairlee, and Ian Douglas, the laird of Glengorm, a rough-spoken border lord. When Ian kidnaps Cicely just as Andrew is about to propose, the royal court is sent into an uproar. The queen is demanding the return of her friend and the Gordons are threatening to set the border on fire. But the border lord is difficult to tame--and the lady's heart is even harder to claim.

 


CROWN OF DESTINY
 
I want all my readers of this series to know that Lara and Kaliq remain together. Forever. This is the darkest tale in the series, but I loved writing it. It has a terrific story, and the ending will surprise you. I think it one of the best endings I have ever written. It has lots of intrigue going. And while a hundred years have past as the book begins, the stronger characters from the previous books are there. Ilona, Queen of the Forest Fairies. Kaliq and the Shadow Princes. Marzina, Lara's youngest child. And of course, Kolgrim, the young Twilight Lord, Lara's son. Charming. Dark. Villianous, and yet flawed by the tiny bit of humanity running through his blood. I think I've tied up all the loose ends, and I hope you will enjoy this last tale of Hetar.

0 comments:

 
Vineyard Signing For Literacy - by Templates para novo blogger